Summary: Assists Operations Manager and/or Managing Director with the coordination and completion of job assignments for each production project within the Document Operations Department. The Production Supervisor often is required to not only lead and provide direction to the team by acting as an extension of management, but to also assist with the completion of projects by working side by side with the Production Assistants as needed. Through direct engagement and supervision in daily production operations, the Production Supervisor will ultimately report back to their manager with effective feedback and recommendations to assist with achieving departmental goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Acts as a liaison between management and Production Assistants through guidance, reinforcement and effective feedback to ensure the department is on track with project due dates and timelines.
2. Accountable for perfecting instructions and coding guidelines, consulting with regard to providing technical and other job requirement guidelines to Production Assistants.
3. Ensures adherence to established, documented policies and protocols strictly related to paper processing, including but not limited to copying, scanning, binding, and mounting, including check-in and quality control procedures.
4. Supervises full time, part time, and part time/on call Production Assistants within the Document Operations Department. Assigns daily shift hours to projects and arranges for adequate personnel, equipment, and supplies to carry out the established project plans. Oversees overtime hours and uses only when necessary to meet deadlines.
5. Responsible for daily review and reconciliation of project hours to confirm timelines and provide guidance for necessary adjustments, providing a daily report to the Operations Manager and/or Managing Director.
6. Utilizes a job tracking system to initiate, monitor and close jobs in an effective manner.
7. Prepares status reports or other metrics as requested by the Operations Manager and/or Managing Director.
8. Sets example for department employees with respect to the position responsibilities, company policies, procedures and goals.
9. Prepares boxes and packaging of completed job materials.
10. Responsible for communicating daily operations to the Operations Manager and/or Managing Director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises Production Assistants in the Document Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work in line with manager’s vision and guidelines; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, and effectively communicating and reporting back information to manager on a daily basis.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven working experience as a Production Assistant Team Lead
• Proven ability to supervise multiple employees and report back to manager with effective communication
• Ability to act as a liaison between employees and management
• Strong leadership skills
• Industry relevant document production experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Adobe Publisher and other scanning software, in addition to experience with using high speed scanning machines.
• Excellent Time Management and Organization skills
• Knowledge of project management principles and practices
• Knowledge of document finishing and distribution methods
• Ability to work as a team player and supervise/lead the group is required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Adecco Group North America, through an impressive portfolio of staffing industry leading brands including Accounting Principals, Adecco General Staffing, Adia, Ajilon, Entegee, Lee Hecht Harrison, Modis, Paladin, Parker+Lynch, Pontoon, Special Counsel and Soliant is the world’s leading provider of Human Resources solutions.
We are the workforce experts delivering staffing and career service solutions to organizations and individuals across all industries. Collectively we harness the power of some of the greatest talent in the world. That talent and expertise allows us to do business globally and act locally with deep knowledge in niche areas.
Every day, we have more than 100,000 associates on assignment, 30,000 colleagues working internally to support more than 10,000 clients in the United States and Canada. Ensuring our business units are prepared to deliver outstanding service to our associates and clients, the Adecco Group North America team provides a strong infrastructure through our corporate and shared services teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled